Forums
Gamematz Pro Matz review - Printable Version

+- Forums (https://www.silent-death.mx/forum)
+-- Forum: Gamer's Corner (https://www.silent-death.mx/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: Shopper's Guide (https://www.silent-death.mx/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Gamematz Pro Matz review (/showthread.php?tid=72)

Gamematz Pro Matz review - Karpav1 - 09-19-2017

As promised here's an update on my map purchase with a few pictures.

There were a lot of nice and colorful designs to choose from, but since this was the first map for me, I opted for a 6'x4' eclectic star field as my first go to map to order.

There's a $3.00 USD surcharge for a custom hex or grid overlay.

Shipping was free for me (within "48 adjoining U.S. States" & $99.00 purchase) at the time I ordered. They do not ship internationally at the time I ordered. I was also offered a 15% off coupon, which dropped the order below the free shipping limit, so I added a set of dice and I was set.

Email communication was excellent, they provided me with a proof to check out and I had them flip the grain on the hexes, they sent a new proof and bingo! A tracking number was sent within the next few days. And not long after that- she arrived:

[Image: szYDyQQ.jpg]

The edge retained a slight curl that went away after a quick counter-curl and brief rest of about a minute.

[Image: 2R3oJPY.jpg]

The backing rubber has a firm, dense feel with excellent grip and unlike a floppy neoprene, has a more of stiff feel to it. The map easily stands up under its own material strength when rolled up without even a hint of a buckle. It just comes off as a  durable mat. That's the feature I would say is its most unique immediate takeaway.

[Image: nlVCksR.jpg]

I was curious as to what the manufacturer meant exactly by 'felt like' surface. That really is the best way to describe it though.

[Image: 5npJeOs.jpg]

Here's a pic of the logo: Small and unobtrusive. The hex grid itself is also subtle. The flash of my camera makes it stand out a tad bit more than it seems when looking at it.

I had a bag from a lawn chair that works perfectly to sling it over the shoulder with...

[Image: b3Vv4e4.jpg] 
I'm very pleased with this brand hex mat and will probably snag another with some nebula colors within the next year.

I hope you found the review helpful and informative. Any other questions just ask. Disclosure: I was not approached by anyone, asked to review, offered compensation, or anything of the sort for this write-up. This is a voluntary review.  If you decide to purchase through Gamematz, using my referral code http://rwrd.io/qsqzvty will earn me some points/cash off towards my next purchase, so there's that... but I really just wanted to offer some insight since few manufacturers/reviewers show what their mats look like with a grid printed on them.

Gamematz website: http://www.gamematz.com/

RE: Gamematz Pro Matz review - Lance Electra - 01-16-2018

I looked into these guys...
my problems with them are:

1) Everything is in U.S. prices so automatically I pay about 30% MORE because I live in CAN. Our dollar is about 30% less than US. (5 year average)

2) They charge FAR FAR FAR FAR too much for shipping.
The "Pro" matt was expensive in the first place, but then they wanted $70 to ship to Canada!!!! That's just ridiculous!

3) contacted them about my concerns and they basically told me to go fly a kite!

So no, they won't be getting my business.

RE: Gamematz Pro Matz review - Karelian Suomi - 01-16-2018

(01-16-2018, 11:05 AM)Lance Electra Wrote: I looked into these guys...
my problems with them are:

1) Everything is in U.S. prices so automatically I pay about 30% MORE because I live in CAN. Our dollar is about 30% less than US. (5 year average)

2) They charge FAR FAR FAR FAR too much for shipping.
The "Pro" matt was expensive in the first place, but then they wanted $70 to ship to Canada!!!! That's just ridiculous!

3) contacted them about my concerns and they basically told me to go fly a kite!

So no, they won't be getting my business.

<sigh> I feel your pain on this, but unfortunately, shipping costs have become ridiculous in many cases. That being said, have you investigated EBay? Here's what I found after a quick search of Ebay Canada:

Game mat via EBay Canada

And Another....

RE: Gamematz Pro Matz review - Lance Electra - 01-17-2018

Cool find for sure!

I ended up just going to my local game shop and I bought a generic hex matt, for 1/4 the price that the gamematz guys wanted, and I didn't have to pay shipping PLUS I supported a local business....So it's a win all around!

RE: Gamematz Pro Matz review - Karelian Suomi - 01-18-2018

(01-17-2018, 03:11 AM)Lance Electra Wrote: Cool find for sure!

I ended up just going to my local game shop and I bought a generic hex matt, for 1/4 the price that the gamematz guys wanted, and I didn't have to pay shipping PLUS I supported a local business....So it's a win all around!

Yup. Supporting the FLGS is definitely a win in my book, and if you do so and save money at the same time (which you can splurge on other useful goodies!), then all the better...  Big Grin