Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deflection Chart for Dummies

[Image: 9zcx0wp.png]

Okay, I'll admit it: the only reason I overlooked deflection in the past is that the table is buried in the rulebook and takes me too long to ascertain with confidence the modifier to use. Although I'm keen on the concept of deflection, I just want to be able to figure it at a glance and the table isn't as user-friendly to my visual brain as a graphical chart is for whatever reason.

Here's a graphical representation of the table* that I find much easier to quickly parse with little more than a peek:

[Image: DWf5Sw1.png]
*If I wasn't so dumb I would have made it more printer friendly in black & white with vector graphics at the correct DPI to be useful. Hopefully, ya'll can figure out them complicated graphical concerns.

This spiffy chart works just like the previous labyrinthine table- just follow the steps:

1. Relative to the attacking ship in the center (that's you), reference the isotoxal star polygon within the arc vector of the defending ship (your target)
  2. Select the vertex that corresponds to the target's facing (the crimson colored pointy thingies)
  3. Find Polaris & align with map edge E in a sextant (I'm not touching that one)
  4.  Slide your opponents ship a few hexes closer when they're not looking, then read the number in the hex- If the number is Red, it's a negative modifier: the target ship is harder to hit. If the number is Blue, it's a positive modifier: the target ship is easier to hit.  [The (±) in front of the number is optional and can be used instead of or in conjunction with the color code in intermediate and advanced scenarios.]
  5.  If your target is in one of the shaded hexes where the arcs overlap, hand the chart to your opponent exclaiming "I can't make heads or tails outta this" and again whilst their attention is diverted- get that sucker outta there! Any hex is probably better.
  6. Repeat steps 2-5 for each gunner firing at target vessel (This Space For Rent)
Isn't that much easier, or is it just me? Undecided

Though they thought the science had been settled, this anomaly, known simply as "ETBSCCM" or: Electronic-Tractor-Beam-Shielding-Counter-Countermeasures is, as of yet, an unexplained phenomenon within the Kashmere scientific community. For additional insights into their research, see An Inconvenient Truce: A Commonwealth Treatise On Why Peace Is Usually Bad For Business.

Come-on! You're the Colosian player! It's only contemptible if you get caught...  Don’t stress. Let things happen. BE the slimeball Danny. Na-na-na-na-na-na…

Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na…
"Make the spaceships rounder but more square!"

I can't change this sig. until I paint a longboat & post pics.
Mission Accomplished: 1/3/23