Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Been gone from SD for a while now...

..and I just rediscovered the site here.  Last time I played was fall of 2014 with the beta Night Brood rules at the time and I see that there seems to be progress towards a revised NB set as well as rules updates with DR being adjusted; I hope this will make the 0 DR, really high DV custom ships less common.  Will sextuple splatterguns still exist as well?

Seems like a new supplement (House Falsaff) has come out; anything else I should know about the current game status?

(11-23-2017, 09:35 AM)Andraax Wrote: ..and I just rediscovered the site here.  Last time I played was fall of 2014 with the beta Night Brood rules at the time and I see that there seems to be progress towards a revised NB set as well as rules updates with DR being adjusted; I hope this will make the 0 DR, really high DV custom ships less common.  Will sextuple splatterguns still exist as well?

Seems like a new supplement (House Falsaff) has come out; anything else I should know about the current game status?

Welcome back to the original Aerospatial Flying Circus! Now, to answer your question...

1) On the Night Brood front, there was progress thanks to the feedback received by playtesters. We need some more of this, as the Gamma Brood are undergoing a revision. That bit should be up before year's end.

2) The revision to the original Design System is a work in progress. High DV low DR ships will exist, however you'll find that the DV will be capped a tad lower in some templates than before, and that DR will be a whole lot more affordable in terms of slot costs. The goal is to get the original Core Ships in alignment with their official tonnage category templates, while maintaining their original "flavor" as much as possible. House ships will adjust accordingly over time once the Core Ships are done and published. 

3) Sextuple Splatterguns will remain, but you will most likely no longer see them in turrets on fighters. Turrets will be modified into size categories with slot limitations to take into account physical size limits of the relative sizes of ship hulls one from the other. Other weapons may very well undergo some modifications to their TSR ratings to increase their usefulness in a dogfight. 

4) Stand by for the Point Blank Mayhem optional rule. I'll be posting this for playtester feedback at some time over this weekend... 

5) House Falstaff has been out for some time, actually. New supplements actually may be out early next year, as we've been working on some nuts and bolts issues on getting new minis mastered as well as having ironed out the technical hurdles of getting physical books made available once again thanks to Sebastian's excellent work on Bladestorm 2nd ed.

6) The current game status is that it is along with all of our other Silent Death books only available through our RPGNow store as PDFs. Due to items (1) - (3) and (5) above, we are looking forward to being able to offer at least the option of hard copy books via RPGNow. 

Hope this answers your questions, and again, welcome back!  Cool
"Pathetic earthlings. Hurling your bodies out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out here..."

- Ming the Merciless

Cool, thanks for the info!

The zero DR, 16 or 17 DV ships were quite unbalancing, so I'm glad to see a reduction in the max values along with making DR more affordable.  Also glad to see turreted sext splats get restricted as those were pretty crazy too.

I'll be digging out my rulebooks and minis; looking forward to the new stuff!