Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cluster Buffs for the Brood

Yes back on the old site, some time ago, we play tested the idea of to hit buffs for the Brood.

If I can remember I think we based it on criticals.

For each critical a ship had it could give another ship +1 to hit equal in range to the #criticals and likewise receive that many bonuses from any other ship.

This forces the gammas to 'swarm' to be more effective.  Allowing them to collectively receive bonuses to hit.

Betas could swarm with Alphas to buff their to hit rolls up by lots.  And that means the Monarch gunboat becomes a really important support vessel!

This creates swarms with bonuses and means the terrans must try and split them up.  In our play test it worked really well.

(01-07-2018, 09:13 PM)Smurf Wrote: Yes back on the old site, some time ago, we play tested the idea of to hit buffs for the Brood.

If I can remember I think we based it on criticals.

For each critical a ship had it could give another ship +1 to hit equal in range to the #criticals and likewise receive that many bonuses from any other ship.

This forces the gammas to 'swarm' to be more effective.  Allowing them to collectively receive bonuses to hit.

Betas could swarm with Alphas to buff their to hit rolls up by lots.  And that means the Monarch gunboat becomes a really important support vessel!

This creates swarms with bonuses and means the terrans must try and split them up.  In our play test it worked really well.

OK. Now you went and done it... I'm folding my interpretation of your description into the Brood doc., and getting it ready to post so we can pick things up where we left off... time to get a-mivn' again! Cool
"Pathetic earthlings. Hurling your bodies out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out here..."

- Ming the Merciless

Noice. Got another idea tooL