Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
smugglers escape

An incomplete battle report:
"Smugglers Escape"/"Escape from Zebolun III"

In the attempt of starting a campaign. A friend and I played a game several months ago where the smugglers (red spaceships) wanted to steal plans and special minor construction parts for hyperspace portals from the Imperial forces (blue spaceships). The battle takes place in the Zebulon system around the ringed yellow gas giant Zebulon III. Each side have a force of 500 Total Point Value. The smugglers had to use 50 BPV on a Vishnu to carry the valuable cargo.

Forces were set to start out as far away as possible in opposite ends of the playing mat. The smugglers have just secured the valuable cargo and left the orbital space stations around Zebulon III. All smuggler ships start out in orbit around Zebulon III. The smugglers now had to reach the furthest end of the playing mat to escape (minor smuggler victory) and shot down as many imperial ships as possible while blasting their way out off the Zebulon system (major smuggler victory). The Imperial forces cannot risk the plans of the hyperspace portals falling in the wrong hands, and must destroy the Vishnu (minor Imperial victory), or better yet damage the Vishnu, board it and retrieve the plans and construction elements (major imperial victory).

For hits on the Vishnu we played with a 'cargo loss dice' of 1D6-1.
The Imperial forces start out near Zebulon II a blue rocky planet with non-terraformed atmosphere. The two sides clash in the chaotic asteroid field between Zebolun II and Zebulon III. The asteroid fields have several rogue asteroids and all asteroids drift, and ships can slingshot around planets.

The smugglers have left the docking bays on the space stations in orbit around Zebulon III, and now have to cross both an unpredictable asteroid field and a fleet of imperial forces.

[Image: pKcldo.jpg]

Imperial forces start out near Zebulon II
[Image: bUTKrH.jpg]

Around turn 2. The smugglers are under heavy fire from the Imperial forces, but also have to watch out for the drifting asteroids.
[Image: nyQ5xI.jpg]

I will have to come back and edit this post to try and include more photos. Here is a photo from turn 4.

[Image: 0lWmcB.jpg]

Good lord, nice battle report, nice painted ships & terrain (that gas giant! want).

It's too bad you posted at a time when the board went into hibernation for the most part. With content the likes of this, it would be less likely to happen I guess.

Thank you for your contribution and if you see this, consider some more.
"Make the spaceships rounder but more square!"

I can't change this sig. until I paint a longboat & post pics.
Mission Accomplished: 1/3/23

LOVE THIS! LOVE THIS! LOVE THIS!
"Pathetic earthlings. Hurling your bodies out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out here..."

- Ming the Merciless