Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ship Designer

(08-21-2017, 12:37 AM)tdewitt274 Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 11:10 PM)Stogie Wrote: Todd,
I can supply images for the damage track and weapons boxes. I have them created in CorelDraw and exported to JPG.

Sure, could you upload them?  I'll likely convert them to SVG as it will fit the overall process better, but then I don't miss any Smile

Thanks!

What software do you use for SVG? I might be able to save to SVG, so that you can edit as needed.
Stogie

(08-21-2017, 10:59 PM)Stogie Wrote: What software do you use for SVG? I might be able to save to SVG, so that you can edit as needed.

I use Inkscape.  If you're able to export it into a generic SVG file or .CDR, CDT, CCX, CMX, or AI are acceptable for Inkscape (but I've never tried it).

In the end, if it's a nice clean image, I can do some Inkscape magic (Trace Bitmap).

Thanks!

Todd

Just a little progress update.  

I did some back end updates that will likely progress through the final product that will make it easier to maintain.  

Also, I updated the Weapon section to allow for additions (not complete and messy, but semi-functional).  The Missile and Torpedoes are not functioning yet (need some cleanup before then).

Finally, there is now a Damage Tracker at the bottom.  It needs some tweaking, but works for the Core rules.  One note, add any weapons before finalizing your choices (or you can go back and modify something) to show "w/W" in the tracker.

Silent Death Ship Designer

I have a new job so things are a little slow going.  After I get the main functionality working, I'll hit some of the errata and start making it look presentable.

Again, any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

Todd

Coming along really nicely Todd. I was messing around with it the other day. I like watching it develop. Keep us posted with updates in case I miss checking in.
"Make the spaceships rounder but more square!"

I can't change this sig. until I paint a longboat & post pics.
Mission Accomplished: 1/3/23

I'm not sure how much it will help but I have various versions of Ship Builder programs, Visio Templates/Stensils, notes etc.  I even have the source code for the original Ship Builder software.  I never came up with a fully automated system for ship sheet design, but I have created hundreds of ships using these methods.

(09-01-2017, 12:26 PM)hooverbw Wrote: I'm not sure how much it will help but I have various versions of Ship Builder programs, Visio Templates/Stensils, notes etc.  I even have the source code for the original Ship Builder software.  I never came up with a fully automated system for ship sheet design, but I have created hundreds of ships using these methods.

If you're willing to share them, I could surely take a look.  Both probably aren't code compatible, but it could be a good resource for ensuring everything is covered.

Thanks!

Todd

Some nice progress on the weapons.  After choosing a Template and Tonnage, you can now add Weapons, Missiles, and Torps.  The T/BPV, Slots, and Crew update as well.  I need to go over the Torps and Missiles with a fine tooth comb to get them to display correctly.

Silent Death Ship Designer

The Damage Track has not been updated with the Weapons, Torps, and Missiles yet.  I have some code in place, but haven't reviewed it.  

I am also starting to sneak the Warhounds pieces into the puzzle.  If you choose one of the Warhound templates, it will populate the weapon Firing Arcs for either 1 or 2 hex ships.  I'm sure there will need to be a lot of troubleshooting for this piece.

Once I get the Missiles and Torps sorted, I'll see what I can do on the Quirks.  By my initial count, I only found 14 Quirks, but I was looking for other stuff at the time.

Again, any feedback is appreciated!

Thanks!

Todd

I see the damage track is updating with standard weapons since you last posted, just not missile launchers yet. Perhaps the torps are not in at the moment because only torpedo rooms show up when I go to add them- no packs of torp loads.

If you got the drive shielding quirk from QVP and such, you probably have them all save for the Data Sphere's Wardrones having a sort of quirk by default (slot neutral) if you want to cover everything.

Looking good.
"Make the spaceships rounder but more square!"

I can't change this sig. until I paint a longboat & post pics.
Mission Accomplished: 1/3/23

(09-06-2017, 04:39 AM)Karpav1 Wrote: I see the damage track is updating with standard weapons since you last posted, just not missile launchers yet. Perhaps the torps are not in at the moment because only torpedo rooms show up when I go to add them- no packs of torp loads.

Yeah, still need to do some tweaks to the code. I have a placeholder in effect, hopefully in the next update.

(09-06-2017, 04:39 AM)Karpav1 Wrote: If you got the drive shielding quirk from QVP and such, you probably have them all save for the Data Sphere's Wardrones having a sort of quirk by default (slot neutral) if you want to cover everything.

I didn't find the QVP one, only reference to the word "Quirk" was Shielded Weapons on the Talon Qvp. Maybe another book? Anyway, I'll do a more comprehensive search when I get closer to that section. I haven't reviewed the Wardrones yet, but I'll be sure to take a look!

Thanks!

Todd

Good God, I get mired in work and academic development, then damn near break my leg, and I come back to a cabal of fans beavering away at something that looks downright exciting... Gawd, I can't leave you kids alone for five minutes, can I?! Dodgy Big Grin Big Grin  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
"Pathetic earthlings. Hurling your bodies out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out here..."

- Ming the Merciless