Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Faction/House Ship Lists

(03-28-2018, 01:19 AM)Karelian Suomi Wrote: ...(Lots of ship lists)
  • Butcherbird
  • Myrskii
  • Aurora Hawk
  • Meteor.
  • Testudo
  • Vainanomen.
  • Puma.
  • Gila Monster
  • Huitzilopochtli.

If I remember it right, the Butcherbird was the original imperial Cossack, that didn't go KAPOWW! quite as easy. But the ship did not make it into DryDock 2, as far as I recall.

The other ships sound quite new. Do you care to give us some information on them?
There are 10 kinds of people.
Those who understand digital and those who do not.

(07-27-2018, 03:17 PM)Ghostrider Wrote: Well my group is starting a campaign in Sept. and we are using the Fleet Rules from Rules of Warfare II as a starting point to build your fleets. One question I have is I love the bat and Black widow, how under the Merc. or allied House's I have Hibernia and Kashmiri (I'm playing Signard) Do I get these two ships into my fleet?

They could be captured craft.  Going back to my old campaign we used ships from X faction and that was it.  The only way to get different ships were through being captured.  A simple rule that stated if the pilot(s) of smaller vessels decided they were outnumbered and had no hope they would surrender rather than die.

(08-18-2018, 02:58 PM)DigitalDeath Wrote:
(03-28-2018, 01:19 AM)Karelian Suomi Wrote: ...(Lots of ship lists)
  • Butcherbird
  • Myrskii
  • Aurora Hawk
  • Meteor.
  • Testudo
  • Vainanomen.
  • Puma.
  • Gila Monster
  • Huitzilopochtli.

If I remember it right, the Butcherbird was the original imperial Cossack, that didn't go KAPOWW! quite as easy. But the ship did not make it into DryDock 2, as far as I recall.

The other ships sound quite new. Do you care to give us some information on them?

To answer your question, the ships you list currently exist only on paper in an unpublished manuscript. The Butcherbird is in fact the original form of the ship the Luches copied and produced with much lower production QC standards. It is the same ship from a practical standpoint, but with less ammunition and a stable reactor, so it actually has less potential staying power than the Cossack, but theoretically at least a greater degree of survivability.

The Myrskii (Karelian, lit. Storm/blizzard) is an indigenous Karelian Republic SPAC superiority fighter design. The Meteor is also of the same origins, but a gunboat designed with a rather antiquated design style to take advantage of local geographic conditions and operational needs.

The Aurora Hawk is as old as the Cossack/Butcherbird and the Devastator. It's quite literally a flying Railrepeater cannon, but like the Devastator and other such ancient designs, hobbled by mediocre performance by modern standards and its reliance upon depletable munitions weapon systems. Like its contemporaries the Aurora Hawk is the purview of distant, poor former Imperial worlds and colonies, space pirates, and mercenaries unable to procure more modern armaments. 

The Testudo is a warhound design dating back to the PreImperial Era, a floating fossil that by 16AL is a rare but still recognizable sight in Terran Space especially out on the Frontier and here and there in The Backnet. It is the purview of Houses minor such as the Karelian Republic, used out of necessity rather than by choice. 

The Vainanomen is one of two sister ships, unique warhound class warships built by the Karelian Republic just in time for the events covered in the unpublished Karelian War. This is a conflict between the Karelians and a more powerful neighboring House that in the aftermath of the Grub War decided to expand their territory at Karelian expense. The Vainanomen and her sister ship Ilmarinen are 10K ton destroyer sized vessels but designed from the bottom up to punch above their weight (and punch very hard at that). They came as a rude surprise to the Karelian Republic's tormentors, and play a key roll in the planned mini campaign to be included in the eventual finished publication.

The Puma, Gila Monster, and Huitzilopachtli are all indigenous Loma Verde designs. All are essentially evolutionary developments of the Chupacabra, as the Loma Verdecanos capitalized on the success of the "Chuppy" to build successively larger craft. The Puma is a 300 SPAC, essentially a larger, more heavily armed Chupacabra. 

The Gila Monster is a gunboat design, and like its namesake has a "poisonous bite," while the Huitzilopochtli is a fast corvette sized warhound designed for local defense and limited long-range operations. Both are a long way away from seeing the light of day, as we are engaged right now in the 3rd ed. project and other mischief. 

Hope this answers your questions! Smile
"Pathetic earthlings. Hurling your bodies out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out here..."

- Ming the Merciless

(07-27-2018, 03:17 PM)Ghostrider Wrote: Well my group is starting a campaign in Sept. and we are using the Fleet Rules from Rules of Warfare II as a starting point to build your fleets. One question I have is I love the bat and Black widow, how under the Merc. or allied House's I have Hibernia and Kashmiri (I'm playing Signard) Do I get these two ships into my fleet?

My apologies for such a late response! I don't know how the Hell I missed this until now...  Sad

The Bat and the Black Widow are standard ship types found within the Kashmere Commonwealth, so it is possible for the Kashmeris to send support in the form of these vessels flown by Kashmeri crews. The only thing to keep in mind is the BPV cost, and the fact that the Black Widow in particular is a rather pricey piece of hardware. So the Kashmeris would in all likelihood only send one or more Black Widows to a high value affair, or to fulfill a perceived high cost favor they owe their ally (or a high value favor the Kashmeris wish to leverage from their ally at a later date for sending such a powerful combat asset). 

Oh, and food for thought, the Black Widow now in print will be getting a significant makeover once the 3rd ed. revised Ship Design System is resolved. It will lose the current terrifying turret armament (one less turret, two less guns in the one turret remaining), but acquire an EW suite, a solid Point Defense, and more and heavier torpedoes. The Bat will also be revised in a similar fashion (but without the EW capability. 

Hope this helps!
"Pathetic earthlings. Hurling your bodies out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out here..."

- Ming the Merciless

You can benefit from making your own designs to fit in with a specific house. IMO there was a distinct lack of carriers. I designed a 3 or 4 hull types (7,000T) based either on firepower, speed, defence with an idea of balancing all 3.

I will have to find some more time to put up 2 designs of 'Bulk Cruisers' that were used for transporting other non FTL craft.