Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Dumbo

Sorry if this is a silly question, but does the Dumbo I appear in any existing sourcebooks? I've seen references to it around the forums and the Dumbo II model shows up in the campaign rules on this site, but I haven't been able to track down any reference to the I outside of the (very useful thus far) ship allocation KarelianSuomi provided elsewhere. Is the II the ubiquitous Dumbo in space? Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

(12-17-2021, 06:00 PM)captskeleton Wrote: Sorry if this is a silly question, but does the Dumbo I appear in any existing sourcebooks? I've seen references to it around the forums and the Dumbo II model shows up in the campaign rules on this site, but I haven't been able to track down any reference to the I outside of the (very useful thus far) ship allocation KarelianSuomi provided elsewhere. Is the II the ubiquitous Dumbo in space? Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Captskeleton,

I'm not the final all-knowing source, but I checked everything for The Next Millenium and even 1st edition rules but came up empty. I even poked around on the now extinct Twilights Den archive on the Wayback Machine and didn't see any mention of it. I don't think I've ever looked at that ship display (Dumbo II) before just now. Although I felt like I had heard of the name of it.

I wonder if it was a design in Spacemaster (I'm pretty ignorant in that area besides knowing a few of the designs came from that game).
"Make the spaceships rounder but more square!"

I can't change this sig. until I paint a longboat & post pics.
Mission Accomplished: 1/3/23

Sorry for the late reply here! The Dumbo was *supposed* to have been published in Operation Drydock: Vol. II, but for whatever reason it simply didn't. Once we finally get the whole formatting of Ship Display Sheets resource issue settled, we'll be publishing free PDF downloads of the various missing ships, upon that you may depend.

Also, here's an image to give you some idea of what we're working on at the moment...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"Pathetic earthlings. Hurling your bodies out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out here..."

- Ming the Merciless