Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Karpav's scenario request

Quote:A typical skirmish game has, let's say, 10 miniatures per side and can wrap up in 2-3 hours. Design me a two-player scenario of Silent Death that can be played in the same timeframe with as many ships per side and you are most likely playing Blizzard and Kosmos value game. A fun game too! This is where SD shines. Now, scale up the designs a bit, including a carrier and a command ship to one side, similar for the other, and add 3 players to each side - each with their own tactical preferences, player-vs-player grudges, and extraneous cross-chatter. If granular rules depth doesn't yield, Speed will make up the difference. I want to essentially play Silent Death, with the sheets and ships, but the larger group demands exceptional rules truncation. It's NOT the typical game size and I can't think of many games that can accommodate what I am asking of it right out of the box. So read 85% of my opinions with this bias in mind.

The Ambassador's Star Raven. In the middle of the map is a stricken Staraven. The front is battered to the first X, and so has the left and right sides, but the rear has 2d4 hits left on its track. Randomly generate all criticals (ignoring Pilot dead or Kaboom). Apply all damage etc. It's a wreck.

2 Forces one who wants to rescue the Ambassador and the other who wants to capture the Ambassador. Both will require a gun boat to 'dock' with the Starraven to tow it. That is a must end it's movement next to the Starraven and have a pilot contest - whoever wins picks either hooked or free. They can then drag the Starraven away (it may be able to turn and shoot still).

Additional Rules:
1. Asteroids
2. Drift
3. Initiative die who ever wins gets to roll the DC of the Starraven and choose location of its affects.
4. The attacker may not attack the Starraven due to 'boat dead in the water rules'. If the Starraven gets any weapons operational then it may fire on the attackers, however doing so will negate 'boat dead in the water rule'.
5. The defender moves the Starraven in the Move 0 phase. Also the defender chooses if targets for the Starraven's weapons.

Win condition - drag the Starraven to the edge of your map.