Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum looks weird

For a while now the forum has looked weird to me, it almost looks like it isn't loading completely.
Below is a screenshot of what it looks like.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-09-2019, 03:36 AM)Brother Jim Wrote: For a while now the forum has looked weird to me, it almost looks like it isn't loading completely.

Same here Brother Jim. I was on Firefox most of the time as well. One of their updates broke something. I have a few space-themed channels I'd curated on Pandora that refused to play as well, so for these two applications, I was forced to run in Microsoft Edge. [update] A patch must have been put through in the past few weeks that solved the issue though, as both seem to be back to normal today. Same for you? [shrugs]
"Make the spaceships rounder but more square!"

I can't change this sig. until I paint a longboat & post pics.
Mission Accomplished: 1/3/23

Nope, still the same on Firefox.
I guess I'll have to try Edge for this one site.

Depending on how you access the forum, depends on how it will look. So, I'm on WaterFox; and if I go to the forum directly, it loads just fine. But, if I try to access the forum through the main web-page, i.e. from the "store-front," then it looks weird.
"I drew these tides of men into my hands and wrote my will across the sky in stars. "
                               -Thomas Edward Lawrence, PreImp 9719.

And now it looks right, even coming from the store front.
I signed out and signed back in.......and now I'm embarrassed to say I hadn't tried that before.

OK, it's back to being wonky coming from the store front.

Thanks all for this alert! I am passing this to Sheldon at once, as he's our resident All Knowing, All Seeing, All Fixing One when it comes to technical stuff...
"Pathetic earthlings. Hurling your bodies out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out here..."

- Ming the Merciless

(07-09-2019, 03:36 AM)Brother Jim Wrote: For a while now the forum has looked weird to me, it almost looks like it isn't loading completely.

I've checked the forum software and it seems to be both up to date and not showing any glitchiness.

It also looks like this is one of those bugs that comes and goes. I suspect (Read: fear) that there are several updates on different platforms that are contributing to this. I know Firefox just had an update, for instance.

I'm hoping that this is one of those bugs that will just go away, but failing that, will at least have the decency to settle into a pattern we can reproduce.  Please continue to report unwelcome forum weirdness on this board.

MXSavant/Sheldon
-------------------------------------------

Certe, Toto! Sentio nos in Kansate non iam adesse!

-------------------------------------------

Signed out, then back in. Now it looks right.

For the last couple of days I have not had to sign out then sign back in for it to look right.

Firefox with latest updates, Win10 with latest updates.
Always coming from the main page.