Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Store oddities.

Alright, I've got a few questions about the store.

1. The original Totenkopf is absent in the store. Is the new resin model replacing it?

2. The following ships have no sheets or info about them: Bright Thorn, Eel, Monarch, Skree, Scarab and I guess the Dumbo?

3. The Aurora Hawk should be added to the above list, yet its not in the store. How do I know that? Saw one on ebay. So that means its either a mislabel or its available but not online.
"I drew these tides of men into my hands and wrote my will across the sky in stars. "
                               -Thomas Edward Lawrence, PreImp 9719.

(06-14-2022, 07:15 AM)Black Guard Wrote: Alright, I've got a few questions about the store.

1. The original Totenkopf is absent in the store. Is the new resin model replacing it?

2. The following ships have no sheets or info about them: Bright Thorn, Eel, Monarch, Skree, Scarab and I guess the Dumbo?

3. The Aurora Hawk should be added to the above list, yet its not in the store. How do I know that? Saw one on ebay. So that means its either a mislabel or its available but not online.

1) Not sure why this is so; will investigate.

2) Dumbo for reasons beyond our control (ie., the editor at the time goofed!), was not included in Hangar 51 There is a ship display sheet for the Dumbo II to be found in the beta test version of the SD Campaign system. The Night Brood ships in question currently exist as part of the Beta test Night Brood project. 

3) The Aurora Hawk was originally going to be a part of the as yet unpublished Silent Death: The Karelian War. The miniature in question was going to be the old 1st ed. Sorenson, but that was diverted to ODD II as the Devastator to bolster the Luches Utopian ship inventory. The fact that the name is still rattling around on the internets is I suppose a "zombie" post that refuses to go away...
"Pathetic earthlings. Hurling your bodies out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out here..."

- Ming the Merciless

(07-02-2022, 01:26 AM)Karelian Suomi Wrote:
(06-14-2022, 07:15 AM)Black Guard Wrote: Alright, I've got a few questions about the store.

3) The Aurora Hawk was originally going to be a part of the as yet unpublished Silent Death: The Karelian War. The miniature in question was going to be the old 1st ed. Sorenson, but that was diverted to ODD II as the Devastator to bolster the Luches Utopian ship inventory. The fact that the name is still rattling around on the internets is I suppose a "zombie" post that refuses to go away...

I think it was a little more than an old post; if this picture is anything to go by. Although I doubt it's still a thing if I were to order one.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"I drew these tides of men into my hands and wrote my will across the sky in stars. "
                               -Thomas Edward Lawrence, PreImp 9719.

(07-02-2022, 08:13 PM)Black Guard Wrote:
(07-02-2022, 01:26 AM)Karelian Suomi Wrote:

I think it was a little more than an old post; if this picture is anything to go by. Although I doubt it's still a thing if I were to order one.

That's definitely a blast from the past...
"Pathetic earthlings. Hurling your bodies out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out here..."

- Ming the Merciless