Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silent Death Rookie Rules

Hello Folks, I was thinking of diving into Silent Death so I picked up a copy of the Rookie Rules as a taster. 

Despite the vendor telling me it was complete, it looks like I am short some item pieces - perhaps someone could please tell if I am missing much? The contents of what I have is:

1 x Rookie Rules

1 x Tables and Display Book

1 x Introductory Scenario booklet

2 x Map Sheets

80 x Grey counters (Torpedoes?)

180 x Counters (5 lots of different colours,  each counter in each lot numbered from 1 to 36)

20 x Asteroid counters

9 x Round yellow counters (turn trackers?)

23 * x Ships ( 2 of each kind) *Well I know I'm missing one of these...

24 x Stands (6 broken!)

The die are missing which the vendor promised to replace but I'd like to check if I'm missing anything before I claim. Thanks!

Welcome aboard! The 80 grey counters are missiles in salvos of 5. The torpedoes are the colored. Red is Mk10, Orange is Mk20, Green is Mk30, Blue is Mk40 and Purple is Mk50. The yellow counters are for wormholes. I think that is it, but there should be an item list either on the box or in the booklet. I went with the full set when I got into the game, as the Rookie Rules were not around yet. I wound up getting two main rules boxes primarily for the torpedoes.
Stogie

(06-04-2018, 09:16 PM)Laserbait Wrote: Hello Folks, I was thinking of diving into Silent Death so I picked up a copy of the Rookie Rules as a taster. 

Despite the vendor telling me it was complete, it looks like I am short some item pieces - perhaps someone could please tell if I am missing much? The contents of what I have is:

1 x Rookie Rules

1 x Tables and Display Book

1 x Introductory Scenario booklet

2 x Map Sheets

80 x Grey counters (Torpedoes?)

180 x Counters (5 lots of different colours,  each counter in each lot numbered from 1 to 36)

20 x Asteroid counters

9 x Round yellow counters (turn trackers?)

23 * x Ships ( 2 of each kind) *Well I know I'm missing one of these...

24 x Stands (6 broken!)

The die are missing which the vendor promised to replace but I'd like to check if I'm missing anything before I claim. Thanks!

Welcome aboard! Now, about the issues with your Rookie Rules, while they've been out of print for quite some time, We've got your back. So, to begin with, was the set still in it's original shrinkwrap? If one of the ships is missing this suggests to me that this is a used set...

PM me with your details and who the vendor is that sold you the set. Once we get some info from you, we'll get you replacement stands and that missing ship at the very least.  Cool

Welcome to the Interstellar Flying Circus! And remember, always watch yer six for the Grub diving on you from out of the sun! Big Grin
"Pathetic earthlings. Hurling your bodies out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out here..."

- Ming the Merciless

(06-04-2018, 10:16 PM)Stogie Wrote: Welcome aboard! The 80 grey counters are missiles in salvos of 5. The torpedoes are the colored. Red is Mk10, Orange is Mk20, Green is Mk30, Blue is Mk40 and Purple is Mk50. The yellow counters are for wormholes. I think that is it, but there should be an item list either on the box or in the booklet. I went with the full set when I got into the game, as the Rookie Rules were not around yet. I wound up getting two main rules boxes primarily for the torpedoes.

Thank for your reply Stogie - the contents listing didn't mention what counters were which and the missile tokens were individually punched adding to my confusion!

Yeah, that makes it difficult in some ways. We have been trying to put together sheets you can print off for warheads if it would help. You can find it here: http://www.silent-death.mx/forum/showthread.php?tid=68

I have been tied up with work and have not had a chance to finish, but the final work will have white background (as is, or for printing on colored paper/cardstock) or the space background. I am hoping to get back to it before I move later this summer.
Stogie

I just bought a shrink wrapped copy of Rookie Rules off of Ebay for $45.00 USD, not bad considering what comes in the box set. Ahhh more ships to paint... Big Grin

(06-17-2018, 12:59 PM)Ghostrider Wrote: I just bought a shrink wrapped copy of Rookie Rules off of Ebay for $45.00 USD, not bad considering what comes in the box set. Ahhh more ships to paint... Big Grin

Excellent catch. There is no such thing in my book as "too many space fighters"... Big Grin
"Pathetic earthlings. Hurling your bodies out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out here..."

- Ming the Merciless