Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I got a mention in dispatches!

Well one thing I have always loved about SD was most of the ships, even after newer ones came out, are still competitive and can be used. If you know your ships strengths and weakness and build a squadron or wing around a well balanced force you can have a lot of fun playing the game. One thing with SW was the power creep after each new wave got released, leaving a lot of the core ships left at home unplayed which was/is a shame.
"Do I look like I am discussing this?"

(03-23-2019, 02:31 PM)Ghostrider Wrote: Well one thing I have always loved about SD was most of the ships, even after newer ones came out, are still competitive and can be used. If you know your ships strengths and weakness and build a squadron or wing around a well balanced force you can have a lot of fun playing the game. One thing with SW was the power creep after each new wave got released, leaving a lot of the core ships left at home unplayed which was/is a shame.

Indeed, that is a major difference, although Silent Death is not entirely immune to the problem of feature creep (Bloodhawk, I'm looking at YOU!). What really makes a significant difference in Silent Death is pilot quality. While I haven't played SWXW overmuch I must say that the power creep was already present in some ways, as the X-Wing in particular had a substantial advantage in resiliency and staying power over the ubiquitous TIE Fighter...
"Pathetic earthlings. Hurling your bodies out into the void, without the slightest inkling of who or what is out here..."

- Ming the Merciless