Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hyperdrive & EMP

(02-15-2019, 06:22 AM)Karelian Suomi Wrote:
(02-15-2019, 03:34 AM)Orange Lantern Wrote:
(02-15-2019, 12:19 AM)Stogie Wrote: EMP tech is in the Sunrunners book, and duplicated in Nightwatch.

They‘re mentioned and explained there, yes, but the build costs are not in there. That’s what I‘m looking for.

(1) The Hyperdrive hit box was added very late during ICE's final existence as we were planning on moving the Campaign System forward, *and* working on coming up with some final and solid rules and design costs for hyperdrives. The rule of thumb applied by the former series editor we dealt with at the time (we're taking circa 1998-99) was that a hyperdrive costs 5 slots (but 0 BPV), and was the weakest/slowest version as far as speed was concerned. It took some convincing by Sheldon and I to get said then series editor to agree that gunboats and some of the larger (1,000 ton) heavy fighters could manage a larger version (but still not up to Warhound standards). This is one of those nifty loose ends we inherited, and one which we will be tying down in the new Core Rulebook edition.

(2) Sunrunners was published immediately after the Core Rulebook, but the problem was that the ships were apparently created like the ones in Espan Rebellion and the first two dozen ships (Core Ships, plus original TPACs and MPACs); arbitrarily. The published Ship Design System was not engaged in their creation, the designer(s) preferring to follow The Rule of Cool as it were.  Rolleyes

Obviously, this created a bit of a mess (which we now get to work on cleaning up).  Dodgy

Hello, I've been away for a while but its good to see your still here. I'll keep it simple and strait forward, a question...
"New Core Rulebook". Any news on an updated set of rules?
All good things come to those who wait...
And when your tired of that there is always another way